Cortes Immigration

Employment-Based Green Card categories explained Part 3: EB-3

EB-3 is an Employment-based Green Card granted to skilled workers, professionals, or other workers.

To understand a little bit more about this visa, we need to understand the scope of each sub-category. A skilled worker is someone whose job requires a minimum of 2 years of training or experience. A professional, on the other hand, is someone whose job requires at least a U.S. baccalaureate or foreign equivalent degree and is a member of the profession. Other workers are people who perform unskilled work requiring less than 2 years of training or experience. 

Regardless of the sub-category of visa EB-3, a labor certification and a permanent, full-time job offer are required. In addition, there must be a shortage of qualified workers in the U.S. to perform the job.

If you case is approved and you are married and/or have an unmarried child under the age of 21, they may be eligible to apply for admission to the United States.

It’s important to consult with an experienced professional to assess your possibilities. Cortes Immigration Law Firm welcomes you for a free consultation to assess your eligibility. Our knowledgeable team is ready to work relentlessly for you to reach your immigration goals.

Source: https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/permanent-workers/employment-based-immigration-first-preference-eb-1