Employment-Based Green Card categories explained Part 2: EB-2
EB-2 is an Employment-based Green Card granted to professionals with either an Advanced Degree or Exceptional Ability.
According to United States Citizenship and Immigration services, in order to fit into the sub-category Advanced Degree, the applicant must possess a baccalaureate or foreign equivalent degree plus 5 years of post-baccalaureate, progressive work experience in the field. As to the sub-category Exceptional Ability, the applicant must be able to show exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business. For this purpose, the applicant must meet at least three of the criteria shown below:
- Official academic record showing that you have a degree, diploma, certificate, or similar award from a college, university, school, or other institution of learning relating to your area of exceptional ability.
- Letters from current or former employers documenting at least 10 years of full-time experience in your occupation.
- A license to practice your profession or certification for your profession or occupation.
- Evidence that you have commanded a salary or other remuneration for services that demonstrates your exceptional ability.
- Membership in a professional association(s).
- Recognition for your achievements and significant contributions to your industry or field by your peers, government entities, professional or business organizations.
- Other comparable evidence of eligibility is also acceptable.
In addition to these criteria, both categories require that the applicant meet any requirements on the labor certification, unless the applicant petitions for a National Interest Waiver, which waives the job offer requirement.
If you case is approved and you are married and/or have an unmarried child under the age of 21, they may be eligible to apply for admission to the United States.
It’s important to consult with an experienced professional to assess your possibilities. Cortes Immigration Law Firm welcomes you for a free consultation to assess your eligibility. Our knowledgeable team is ready to work relentlessly for you to reach your immigration goals.
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION